miercoles, el 24 de agosto de 2011


Buenos noches amigos.

What is this?


It is a picture of a batería for my Canon!! Why are there no more fotos? Because the battery has already failed!! Ugh.

The batería arrived and Daniel emailed me to let me know it had arrived. I picked it up and gave it a quick charge and it actually worked. Then I went and gave it a full charge and when I took it out of the charger, it would not fit into the camera. Huh?

I took a good look at it and the area where the prongs are, is very cheap looking. And after comparing the two batteries, I think the new one might be a knock off.

I have emailed Daniel to see if we have any recourse, but I am not holding my breath. Looks like I can kiss $700 pesos away. Ugh.

And continuing on the “it doesn’t work” theme…I took the camioneta to Pablo and he could not get the window to work. I need a new motor and guess what? Nissan cannot get me one before I go, so it looks like more business for Nissan in Burnaby!!

As for el tanque, I should have an update on viernes. Fingers crossed.

Some good news? Pablo did not charge me for the window inspección, probably because he made $500 pesos off me for fixing the tanque that is now basura!!

And more good news? Guess who is back in town? You got it…Senor Lalo has returned from Acapulco and is already back at work. Good to see our old amigo is safe and sound!!

Bexico update…

-should be finished the Portland contract today. They added another character and changed some colors, but that is a-ok because Bexcio is paid by the hour on this contract.

-China has sent her descriptions of the characters wanted and will send $$ (to start the contract) by the end of the week. Misc…I discovered that Chino is not China, but people from China. My mistake.

-England was a karate mouse animation, due mañana and Bexico has already sent it.

And Bexico has picked up a 4th client, a stick figure animation from Australia. Probably 10 hours of work for this contract.

And closing one contract, she was paid the remaining money due o n her Ottawa work. Phew…one busy and pregnant woman!!

And all you blog follower y Arnolds, it is someone’s cumpleaños on proximo domingo!!

Inmigracion was on the list and I checked their website and there was no news on our forma de no inmigrante. Año pasado, we checked the site and saw our FNI were listo and we just went and picked them up. This time we were given a phone number to call, so mañana we will make that call. Stay tuned.

Ten pm and just heard back from Daniel. Bring the battery to the joyeria and we will see what can be done. I am sure this is not what he had in mind when he said yes to doing me a favor. Ugh

Our day? Bexico worked and worked, taking time outs for her own workout, some meals (hello…feed the machine!!), some alberca time and after watching parts of a movie for 4 days, we finished it!! Ja ja ja

Me? A little bit of hanging with Gato Blanco. He meowed from the ground floor, I told him to get up stairs and he ran up. He had a very little bit (hee x3) of leche, but really wanted some Bubba time.

When it was almost our dinner time, I sent him on his way and as soon as he got out our front door, he could see Gata Negra (español mi amigos) and started wailing. He ran to the second level, jumped on a ledge and kept wailing. Then ran to where GN was laying around, plopped himself next to her and gave us a wink. Crazy cat.

I want to be that simpático hombre, but I am not sure I like the volleyball game being played in the pool. Stay tuned.

On a pool note, our 2nd float has sprung a leak. Hello Costco!! Alberca time today was great, empty pool and the cloud cover cleared just long enough for the sun to shine on our floating time.

And then at 430pm the dark clouds rolled back in and we had a good downpour that lasted 45 minutes or so. I am enjoying the 26 degree evening!!

La cena? Pollo from Che. I just don’t feel good about buying the pollo from the senoritas who sell it from their front door stoop. Hello? Refridgeration anyone? Well the pollo tasted great and no smell today!!

Here is a CNN article on Mexican food. A quick read.


The rest of my day? El gimnasio…a 20 minute walk from Pablos. I was temprano and no less then 4 people asked me “por que?”. By 11am, my normal arrival time, the place was empty. Misc from el gimnasio? Hector wants me to buy some property in the montañasarbol de pino there)…or help him export his papayas to Canada. Ja ja ja

I picked up the truck from Pablo and took it for a bomb on the highway. Great truck!! I will have it checked out in Burnaby and see what mi mecanicos there say about it. Hope it does not need to be retired…but it is getting muy caro…very expensive…to maintain.

Picked up mi blancos…no sock “F”!! What the F? ja ja ja

And that mis amigos, wraps up another day in beautiful La Crucecita!!

Mañana? More work for Bexico and I plan to figure out the camera battery situation as well as see what is happening at Inmigracion.

Have a great jueves.

Marco y Bexico

No comments:

Post a Comment