lunes, el 8 de agosto de 2011


Hola!!

935pm and it is STILL a warm one!! Currently 32 grados inside and at 10am the temperature had risen from the night time low of 27,3 and it was already 30!! Ayer we hot 35,4 and I am sure today was similar.

Even the agua de la alberca was warm…almost hot tub temperature, and it was even too hot to float. Crisis!! Ja ja ja

But forget about awaking to hot temperatures…how about those stock markets!! Now that was an ugly day…who do I get to thank?

I was talking to Daniel and he summed up perception for me. People in the US say due to recession, they cannot buy the new car. People in Mexico say due to the economic hard times, they cannot buy food.

I had a great chat with Daniel today. We chatted up highways vs freeways, pregnancy here vs in Canada, he laughed at gringos needing a secadora and then we talked about food…yikes!! Ja ja ja What is really in chorizo…and ended up talking about the cuisines of countries such as Thailand…ruff ruff.

But onto our day.

Bexico had a Skype with her client and has signed on for two more projects. They are not really animation, more character design, but that is ok because this is something she really enjoys doing. But the client is on a deadline and has asked her to stop on the animated film and pump out some characters for first thing mañana. So, at 10pm, Bexico is still at it in her oficina.

And for maybe the first time ever…we actually used the a/c in her oficina as it was too hot for madre y niño!!

Me? Three litros of agua was not enough!! It was a great session at the gym and then I did my walk through town.

Fotos?

WFSITBOTT? Been a while.



This camion was packed full of the ceramic figurines and such, that the hombres would load up into cartons and walk around town trying to sell.

One of their better figurines is of a German Sheppard. Not unlike this cute guy.


And talking about perros, this one has a unique sleeping area.


Here are the sombrero hombres.


They were selling directly to the tiendas...and the dentista?

This hombre has some bamboo with him, not sure what he is doing with it.


And last but not least, proof of a siesta!!


Back to my day....the chat with Daniel, Vicky y Sergio wound up and I was thrilled to hear that hijo y esposa de Daniel have moved from Oaxaca to Huatulco. He looked very happy to be able to have Daniel Jr close as family is so important to the Mexicanos.

Hey…know what a penguin is in español. Pingüino. Hey…first time I have seen and/or used the ü…I don’t even know how to pronounce that letter.

Home for the hot tub/alberca time and then off to Che. Hey, guess what company makes my Cajun spice in Canada? The same company as makes the mil isla dressing down here…McCormicks. Small world. Wonder how their stocks are doing.

Che was Che…but a weird incident there. I was in the checkout lane and waiting for the senorita in front of me to pay. I started unloading my cart onto the conveyor belt and all of a sudden she turns around and starts unloading the groceries for me. I told he no es nesecario, but she finished up, grabbed her groceries and left. I said gracias and then told the checkout senorita, no entiendo por que…and she shrugged. Bizarre.

Bizarre incident #1 was at the joyeria. These 4 young people stopped at the jewelry store and I thought they wanted to enter and buy something, so I stepped aside. But they just stood there.

I said hola and one senorita in perfect ingles, said “I am here to help translate”. Huh? I told her I did not need any translating because I spoke enough español and that mis amigos spoke slowly.

She then told me that really her 3 friends just wanted to hear her speak ingles. Lol So we had a chat in ingles, but I found myself drawn into talking in español. Her ingles was very good, having studied it in escuela for 7 años, and she was impressed with my 11 months of español.

Friendly…but a bit (hee x3) of a weird introduction. Oh well.

Did a quick drive around town looking for a repair shop for the dryer. No luck. The guy that fixed our fridge, doesn’t do dryers. I will continue my search.

Home and then it was all about web surfing, some boob tube and then la cena…lomo cerdo (seems to be someone’s favorite!!).

And that was our lunes.

Mañana? No sé. I don’t know. I think I will do some work for our forma de no inmigrantes…get the file put together. I am going to buy the w/d after the 15th, so maybe mañanaplomero.

Have a great martes.

Bubba y Bexico

No comments:

Post a Comment